View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 06:32   #17
bandmasterjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
I'm not totally convinced crime will "drop" (it may a little bit, but I doubt it will be dramatic)...

I am convinced that crime will either stay the same, or even go up... but none of that is going to be as a result of legally armed citizens.

I'm not really convinced CCW laws lower crime like proponents like to say.. However, even if crime goes up, unless those w/ CCW's are committing the crimes, the uptick is irrelevant... Criminals will be criminals.

IGF
http://utahshootingsports.com/usscstudy.htm
Conclusion: Passage of concealed carry legislation in Utah does not fit the trends in crime rates experienced by other states that have passed similar laws. Previous research indicates that crimes against individuals decrease while crimes against property involving stealth increase after passage of conceal carry laws. In Utah:
1. Murder rates decreased overall after 1995. However, there was a marked increase in the murder rates committed by males in the 10-24 age group, probably due to gang violence.
2. Assault rates decreased at an accelerated rate.
3. Rape rates do not appear to be affected by the law.
4. Robbery rates decreased at a greater rate.
5. Crimes against property involving stealth (burglary, larceny, auto theft) did not increase as predicted and do not seem to be affected by the law.
6. The unintentional firearm injury rates decreased despite a 17-fold increase in permit holders, which indicates that responsible individuals carry guns.
7. Assaults and weapons possession in elementary schools show that these schools may be developing into a more hostile environment, while secondary schools do not appear to have changed.
8. Permit revocation reasons shows that permit holders do not use their firearms to commit crime.
LUKE 22:36
bandmasterjf is offline   Reply With Quote