Thread: Pentecost
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 19:18   #12
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by achysklic View Post
God never changes. If he had changed there would be a direct command from God Himself not to keep the feasts.

I can give you the verses in the new test where all the feast days were kept after Jesus died.

Also if you look at prophecy you will see those same feast days are being observed.

So what you are saying Vic is that God gave the feast days to the children of Israel forever, then done away with them through the new conv. then re-establishes those same feasts days that were to be kept forever to begin with ?

Also Vic nice slight of hand acts 20 and acts 21 are not talking about Keeping Gods Holy Days.
Sure the feast days were kept, just not an obligation for the Gentiles.

I didn't say it, the Jerusalem council said it and Paul said it.

If you understand that Jesus is our high priest under the New Covenant you would understand about the sanctuary service. Read the book of hebrews from about chapter 8-11.

Watch out for those forevers. The words used do not mean unending.

Galations 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Paul warned the Gentiles not to get caught up in the book opf the law.

Galatians 5:2-4 Behold, I paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effewct unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited by Vic Hays; 06-17-2011 at 19:19..
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote