Thread: Pentecost
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 09:39   #16
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by achysklic View Post
So let's me use just one example of the feast days continueing on forever shall I.

The prophet says this in Zechariah 14:17 "It shall be, that whosoever will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. {18} If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain." It doesnít rain down there in Egypt anyway so they depend on the Nile River rising.

Verse 19: "This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." This is not only a commanded festival, it has sanctions connected with it, if you donít do this, then God is going to punish you for it.

Notice all the families of the earth will be keeping this feast.

So you think God gave this feast, done away with it under a new conv. then Gave it again?
Come on Vic you know better!

I can go on and on and show where these feasts (Sabbaths BTW) WERE never done away with.

I just find it strange how you embrace Gods weekly Sabbath and reject His annual Sabbaths. Kinda strange indeed.
The weekly Sabbath was from creation. The book of the law was added because of transgression.

The yearly sanctuary cycle was done away with to institute the New Covenant. The Feast of Tabernacles will be kept, but only one time just as the sacrifice of Jesus was only one time, not over and over as in the tabernacle service with lambs and goats.

Here is the fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles in the New Jerusalem. Yes, all families of the earth will be keeping it:

Revelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote