Thread: Reloading 101
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 14:23   #77
unclebob

Other than rifle I do not buy brass. I use range pickup. I like to use Winchester brass. Because it is easier to tell if has been reloaded or not. I have a 5 gallon bucket full for the bass Iím using at that time. When I come back from the range I put the brass in the tumbler with walnut. That then goes in the bucket in the garage. When the bucket gets low in the reloading room. I then clean the brass in the garage with corn cob media with NU-finish car polish and mineral spirits. That then goes back into the reloading room bucket. I reload this ammo 6 times. Then I put that brass in the match bucket since they are non-brass recovery matches. In the meantime Iím always looking for more brass. Even though I have about 5 or 6, 5 gallon buckets full of 9mm once fired brass that I probably will never use.
The biggest thing with brass on how long it will last. Is how hot do you load them. And how hard is it to recover the brass you shot, at the range you shoot at. Some people have grass or rocks that make it hard to recover there brass.
GSSF Life Member