Good for you! And a great question.
While I do try to make time to read, I know there are far more excellent survival and security-related books out there than I am familiar with.
That said--I'll give it a quick go (based on what I have myself read):
1. The time-tested SAS Survival Handbook
2. James Wesley Rawles' "How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It"
3. "The US Military Pocket Survival Guide, plus Evasion & Recovery"
4. "Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills"
5. "Tom Brown's Field Guide to Wilderness Survival"
6. And to wrap it up--a book that is not yet out that I am reviewing and enjoying and learning from right now ... it is supposed to be released Oct. 4: "How to Win a Fight; a Guide to Surviving Violence."
As I recall, each of these books is authoritative, factual and informative, as well as easily digested and enjoyed by those with an interest in such things.