Thread: Decisions.
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 09:13   #18
Senior Member
wildcat455's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Az
Posts: 108
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
We had a family pow-wow tonight,this is in reference ta todays "downgrade" of the US credit rating.

What was decided:

We have moved most of our bulk stuff-IE portable gennys/large water storage bbls and 3/4 ton of beans/rice ta the bol.My wife and child along with 2 of the dogs are now in residence there.I will remain at home and watch the situation as it develops.She has my 4wd and I have the F-250 and the trailer is ready ta hook-up.

What we will lose in departure:

We have a 18kw china diesel that is not movable.We have a 2nd at the bol,the neighbors will have it ta use as needed/all 4 of us are hard wired and they did pay their part of the purchase.

14cords of hardwood,also this goes ta the neighbors,this is a gift.Due too my wifes coercion/bullying* they all installed wood cook stoves.Next,and my saddest loss will be our well system.Grid/genny/manual set-up,we have the same thing out there,it's just it took me years and a ton of effort ta build this system.

I look at this as a live "scenario" and we'll deal with it in the realistic manner.I pray were wrong,we sat down for hours tonight and thought this out.Ya folks I know,"why" would we leave all this,we don't want to leave it.We believe it's prudent ta cover all bases.

Granted we maybe crying "Wolf",I'd assert it's better than bleating like sheep.

We got our comms up,ssb CBs and there working fine.If the ballon does go up,I hope and pray all my friends on GT/SP weather it and come out on the other side whole and healthy.'08.

*We had a power outtage and Kat invited all our neighbor over for fresh baked bread and a deer stew cooked on the stove,they were amazed we had heat/power and a shower/toilet that worked.Talk ta your neighbors,tell them that extra food/water/meds are a prudent thing ta do.Respects .'08.

I think this might be the most you have ever said at one time! I support your decision to do what you feel is right to protect you and yours. My prayers are with you, although I suspect at your level of preparation, you wont need them.

My situation is different. I have no place to go. The decision to move to my current location was made in 2009. I am about 50 miles outside the center of a major city. While that may be enough for the onset of the predicted disorder, once the migrations away from violence and oppression that I believe will begin to happen, it will put me in the midst of a migration of desperate people. Admittedly, the factors surrounding my decision at the time was limited by my naivety, compromise, and the desire to stay somewhat close to work. Now would be a good time for me to investigate "other" options "Just in case".
wildcat455 is offline