View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 06:26   #1
MajorAmby

Prophets of Doom - water shortages

Don't know if anyone has seen this. Apparently it's been out for a while, but just saw it last night for the first time. Here's a Youtube link (it's not the best quality, but at least you can watch it online for free)...

For those that want the short version, they had 6 guys talking about end of the world scenarios mainly focusing on the U.S. They were talking about things like peak oil, financial collapse, nuclear terrorism, artificial intelligence, over-population and water shortage.

They came to the consensus that the most pressing issues is the water shortages issue. But I just don't think they made their case for the water shortage issue... sure, it wins the 'most scary scenario' award, but they only threw a few numbers out there and nothing majorly comprehensive to show that it is a true imminent threat. I just don't see it. I know there are local issues, such as with droughts, and even southern California's main water supply is coming from afar... but I don't see it the way they do.

Anyone else find any issues with it / support it?