View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10   #14
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcochran View Post
My grandfather died of the Spanish flu. I have researched the epidemic and others.
1. you cannot isolate yourself.
2. with the exception of one island, it covered the whole world.
3. flu comes in 3 year waves. So, you need to get whatever shots become available. For those who don't believe in them, do some research.
4. Joseph Pilates was interned in GB. He taught his exercises to the staff and inmates. No one died. It was a matter of being in good physical shape I would guess. Ignore the bs about young men dying who were soldiers. If you have ever been a gi (ME!)and lived with 40 other guys in one bay in a barracks, you understand that you end up catching every damn illness that the recruits have brought to the army. Kids in Basic Training or the trenches are not in good health.
Check out Ft Devens in MA where they got desimated by the flu plus the natural stratagey of isolation when the flu was in town was best seen by the mormons in UT. I would isolate myself.

And hey, my grandfather got the spanish flu while he was overseas in the army and the doctor told him one night "Go drink 5 shots of rum, you will either wake up and live or you won't." Crazy, we got lucky and he lived, flu sucks and bird flu is worse.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote