View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 06:21   #6
quake

Very good thread idea, and doubly good timing imo with Christmas coming up.

One christmas idea - www.lapolicegear.com has several decent boots on closeout (check out the "closeout" and "5.11 closeout" sections both). Last week I ordered (for other people) one pair of 5.11's and one pair of rockports and paid $108 total for both including shipping iirc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
...Leatherman 300 Multitool at a lower price than normal at Amazon, currently $49.
Very good deal on that Supertool 300; we've bought (I think) 5 of them this year thru one of our wholesalers and paid almost that. That's a good catch.

Fresnel lenses, from credit-card size up to full-page size, at very good prices. We use the credit-card size ones (in a slipcover) as promotional giveaways in our business with our company info on them, but they're awfully handy to carry in your wallet for both normal magnifying and fire-starting use as well. Their 190x300mm lens is a phenomenal firestarter on a day with most any amount of sun, but not real handy to carry and no protective case so they tend to eventually get scratched up over time.
http://www.3dlens.com/shop/fresnellens.php

Another good one is simply walmart's price on Federal XM193 5.56 - $5.97 a box or $298 per thousand.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote