View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 14:45   #2
Mr.Reignman

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentlope View Post
Hello,
I want to buy a G27 and along with it a conversion barrel to 9MM. I am considering the LoneWolf offering but I have a couple of questions.

--Is the rifling of the barrel the same as the Glock OEM conversion barrel? From what I read it seems to be different.... but I do not know the implications.
--If not what are the advantages/disadvantages?
--Is there a requirement for swapping out any other components to make the conversion.

I have a G22 so what to be able to carry the same caliber if I choose or do target practice with the 9MM and determine if the recoil characteristics are so much better that I would go with the 9MM as summer carry or a BUG.

--Is the rifling of the barrel the same as the Glock OEM conversion barrel? [B]No.[/B

]From what I read it seems to be different.... but I do not know the implications. The barrel's rifling is different from the Glock OEM. You can fire cast bullets, reloads through the aftermarket barrels.

--If not what are the advantages/disadvantages?For you, being able to shoot 9mm through a .40 call will save $$$ in training simply due to ammo cost but the option again to use cast reloads more effectively is great.

--Is there a requirement for swapping out any other components to make the conversion. Some say you must replace springs, etc however I've seen plenty of people simply change magazines and barrel and function flawlessly.
Mr.Reignman is offline   Reply With Quote