View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 09:50   #32
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
John Rambo
So you support all those things - tell me where in the COTUS do you find those restrictions?
The 10th, of course. But I'm not sute what you mean by 'restrictions'. Nothing I have posted in any way restricts a law abiding person from owning and carrying firearms.

Quote:
What part of the 2nd allows them?
No part. The 2nd doesn't address it.

Quote:
Who are you to determine what is a "Junk Gun" is? By junk I assome you mean CHEAP? Why do you want to take cheap guns away from people who can't afford a Glock?
Cheap and/or unsafe products are regulated in just about every industry. Why should guns be treated so special?

Quote:
Think about it no other amendment has these words "Shall not be Infringed" !! Why cause our founders knew the courts and lawmakers would find any excuse to nolify the 2nd if they could! Those four words makes any and all laws that "Infringe UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
I disagree. You're forgetting about SCOTUS, who's job it is to interpret and rule on constitutional matters. Like it or not, they don't see a problem with it. And since this country isn't a Democracy, neither your nor my opinion directly matters. If you have a problem, vote in presidents who will appoint more favorable SCOTUS members.

The point of my post is that what I support are proactive measures to make sure that people who shouldn't have guns don't get them. There is nothing wrong with being proactive, so long as it doesn't infringe upon a law abiding citizen's right to purchase and carry them. You'd be hard pressed to come up with a decent explanation of how any of the things I mentioned infringe on your ability to buy and carry a gun.

Last edited by John Rambo; 12-06-2011 at 09:57..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote