View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 15:31   #35
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
in·fringe/inˈfrinj/

Verb:
  • Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): "infringe a copyright".
  • Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".

Please show me how any of my stances fit either of those criteria? How do any of my stances infringe upon our right to buy, own, and carry a firearm? I can kinda see the shall issue carry permitting, but I said I'm on the fence on that one. The others? You've got no case for.

So they're not foolproof. Okay. Does that mean any law we have that doesn't work 100% of the time should be abolished?

Without laws like background checks, a criminal could stroll into a gun shop and buy a gun. I've been there, standing right there, when someone was denied because of their criminal past. That means the law works.

Again, remember that the only gun control measures I support are those that work to proactively keep guns out of criminals' hands without infringing upon our rights.
Did I say any of your stance infringe? I don’t believe I made any statement about your “stance”. I believe I stated that what you posted about the SCOTS being there to interpret the Constitution was/is incorrect and that people (that includes some of the SCOTS) cant seem to get it through their thick sculls what “shall not infringe means”.

The SCOTS DO NOT/HAVE NOT BEEN GRANTED the power to CHANGE what is written in the Constitution. The only people that have that power are the congress and/or the states.

Verb:
  • Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".

That pretty much covers what is ment by "shall not be infringed" in the Second.

But since you want to know which of your stances fit that criteria here you go… “I support. Licensing to carry firearms”. Having to pay for the “privilege” changes it from a right to a ”PRIVILEGE”. It IS AN INFRINGEMENT!
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-06-2011 at 15:45..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote