View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 09:40   #55
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gewehr View Post
And when NICS denies a person based on their 'criminal past', 90% of the time it's a case of similar names, or mistakes in the record. And you do not consider that an 'infringement' on the rights of the person who is mistakenly denied? Shame on you!

I can personally attest to this. For some reason right after Katrina I started have a “HOLD” put on my purchases. They never call back! And the “three” day wait thing is a joke. If it happens on a Monday then it actually takes 4 days. Monday doesn’t count and you can’t picket up your firearm until Friday. If it happens on a weekend you have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday you can pick up Thursday. If there is a holiday or holidays involved it can take longer than a week. Took me seven days once.

Go-ahead, try to find out what the problem is if you dare. I did! Here’s the progression. The final straw was... "Sorry, even if I had that information I couldn't tell you." Now what I can do is fill out a farm and give them my life history and submit fingerprints and they will give me a “SPECIAL NUMBER” so I can have the “PRIVILEGE” of an ”INSTANT” background check. Through no fault of my own I and many others also, have my/our right(s) ”SUSPENDED” “INFRINGED” through a system that is illegal in the first place.

I feel sorry to those that are “denied”. Their only choice is to give the Gummynet all the information it wants and pray they can get it cleared up. But the majority thinks NICS is the best thing since sliced bread and there is no infringement. The dubbing down of America has worked.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-09-2011 at 09:42..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote