View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:28   #61
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
So, for those saying you want "Constitutional Carry" in the absolute purest sense, you have no problem with a 2-times convicted serial rapist carrying a gun, right? Because saying he can't? That's gun control. You realize this, yes? When comments are made like "I think every legal person should be allowed to carry however they want", you are already putting restrictions in place. Define "legal person", or more correctly, define how someone is NOT eligible. Welcome to the world of "reasonable gun control."

So, which are you? Are you a 100% supporter of the 2nd Amendment? Or do you believe in states' rights? Because the two CAN BE mutually exclusive.
There is a fallacy in your thought process. The problem does not lie with the Second Amendment GUARANTEEING the right of a two times convicted serial rapist having a gun because regardless of the law he will. The problem lies with the two times convicted serial rapist being allowed to walk amongst us. What is the difference if he’s raping is facilitated with the use of a gun, knife, broken bottle, brick or a hammer? Say knife or brick or hammer along with the word rape and it oh my, she was raped. Say raped at gun point and it’s the gun that becomes the focal point. Why? Emotion and no other reason!

Yes, I'm a 100% supporter of the 2nd. Amendment. Funny how they have picked and chosen which Amendments override “states rights(?)” and which one don't. Oh! And here’s another little tid-bit for you. The states have no rights. Only The People have rights. The Constitution doesn’t grant rights it acknowledges them and tells the government what it CAN and CAN NOT DO

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Notice it doesn’t say “rights” it says “POWERS”.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote