View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:55   #939
45 Cal

My story is not nearly as moving, but it makes sense non the less. I have read the Constitution and understand the events that transpired before this country was formed, but never really believed that the times we live in are dangerously similar to the way things were then.

About 5 years ago, I was working for a solid conservative Congressman in Washington DC. During my time there, I was able to see first hand how terribly mixed up our country is and how quickly our rights (particularly the 2nd Amendment) can be taken away from us. We are never more than 4 years away from being prohibited to live the way we do today. I once saw a signature line from a poster on this forum that showed a picture of a man holding a sign at a DC rally, it stated "We've come unarmed.......this time". Firearms are the ultimate check and balance...and they are worthless unless they are readily available.

Thats why I carry......because our freedoms are eroding, the world is becoming increasingly unstable and I'm not going to rely on someone else to protect my family.
45 Cal is offline   Reply With Quote