View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 23:15   #135
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiGun Hunter View Post
Yes the 135gr did more than i could have asked for. I guess an exit would have been nice. Yet i realize the bullet was not designed for penetration. It did rather do exactly as it was designed to. Inside the goodies basket was pure MOOOOOSH!!!!. Never did recover the bullet. Found plenty of frag.

I use XS BigDot. I love them. Very accurate when i take my time with them. Yet serve even better by the bedside!

Jackson county

I carry the 135gr corbons. I picked up some 180gr Hornady XTP and a pound of Longshot today at Schupbechs. Gonna work up a good hunting load. Hopefully i can report how those work before season ends!
That's what we like to hear. The 180-200gr XTP is just right for deer if you ask me... so long as you don't hit large bones (ribs, legs, spine are okay, shoulders are not). Wide, flat-nosed hardcast at high speed is extremely effective, as well, from what I hear. I will find out next season on that.
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote