View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 21:52   #107
3/4Flap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
An easy test of what ken is saying: If you have an LCI extractor and it is flush with the slide when the chamber is empty and it stands out as designed when the chamber is loaded, then that shoulder is not limiting rotation. If you have brass that is worn enough to defeat the LCI, you need new brass. Has anyone had success taking material off the shoulder WITHOUT also polishing the top and bottom of the extractor and/or working on the claw?

Edit: Just realized AK said almost exactly the same thing -- but faster.
Read my post above.

I believe I also said the same thing three or four pages ago, or on one of the other 42 "Glock ejection sucks" threads running now. I can't remember exactly where.

To repeat; The extractor actually moves as the case slides across the breech face. Reducing the shoulder or "pad" as Dave called it allows the extractor to maintain contact with the case head for a very short period of extra time.

I actually, as I've done the work on mine, come to believe the freeing up of the extractor in the slide slot is more important, but it may be that this additional time also proveds added benefit.