View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21   #119
bentbiker
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_dragon View Post
i still have a question:
what exactly do you mean with a dipped and a non-dipped extractor, where should the "dip" be, that differs one from the other and which is older and which newer, and which will work better out of the box?
Best I can do is this one with the dip across the top edge. The old ones had a totally flat top edge. There have been posts saying that brand new guns were again shipping with non-dipped extractors (insinuating that Glock had returned to the old design/process. That is not correct -- at least not all. My new Gen4 G19 with a test-fire date of 1/30/12 still has the dip. However, the tightness exhibited by a previous dipped extractor was absent, I experienced no issues in first 100 rds. As I typed this, it just occurred to me that I need to try the old "tight" dipped extractor in the Gen4 and find out whether the extractor caused the tightness, or whether the slot caused it.
General Glocking

This one from Butch has a circle around the area that is dished out, but you have to have the extractor out of the gun to see/feel that surface:
General Glocking