View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 14:37   #151
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
Another way is to re-work the hook on the extractor itself but I don't think anyone will try that.
Reading this thread, gently stoning the hook is what was done by Dave, if I read it correctly.

Question? Do your extractors fall right out of your slides, or do they require force to come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak103k View Post
If what youre saying is right, and the extractor and/or slide were that far out of spec, then the outer edge of the extractor would not be flush with the slide when the case wasnt present.

All my Glocks extractors (with LCI) sit flush when the case isnt present, including the ones that seem to have an issue (with my reloads). Put a case under the extractor, and the LCI sticks out, because the case lifts it off its resting point on the slide.
It's impossible for me to determine if stoning the contact point actually helps, but worst case scenario is it makes no difference. It could be that stoning that contact point works in some way that's not entirely obvious.

It could also be, that stoning that contact point in some way allows the extractor's gripping point to actually be closer to the breech face, and in that way helping to hold the spent casing longer/tighter for better ejection. I'll take my GEN3 G17C apart later this evening to take a closer look, as it's been hitting me in the head with cases the last few times I've shot. FYI my G17C is at least 3-4 years old.

Last edited by M&P15T; 03-02-2012 at 14:39..