View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 14:48   #153
ken grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Reading this thread, gently stoning the hook is what was done by Dave, if I read it correctly.

I don't think gently stoning will work. I was thinking about a major re-work to have more contact area.

Question? Do your extractors fall right out of your slides, or do they require force to come out?

Yep, they fall right out

It's impossible for me to determine if stoning the contact point actually helps, but worst case scenario is it makes no difference. It could be that stoning that contact point works in some way that's not entirely obvious.

It could also be, that stoning that contact point in some way allows the extractor's gripping point to actually be closer to the breech face, and in that way helping to hold the spent casing longer/tighter for better ejection. I'll take my GEN3 G17C apart later this evening to take a closer look, as it's been hitting me in the head with cases the last few times I've shot. FYI my G17C is at least 3-4 years old.
Stoning the contact point will let the extractor move closer to the C/L of the breech face but with a case in place even with the barrel dropped to it's lowest point, the case still keeps the contact points from touching at all.

Last edited by ken grant; 03-02-2012 at 14:50..