View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:41   #11
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by castroj View Post
In October when I went to renew my CCW license, I was rejected because they said I was on the FBI NICS database. I am a veteran with a passed bout with PTSD and have my wife as my fiduciary. Although I have had my license for 16 years since Texas started issuing CCW it did not matter. No, I was not evaluated if I was a danger to myself or anyone else. The FBI just took the veterans fiduciary database and dumped it on their NICS database. So, now all those veterans coming back from the middle east are not going to go to the VA for PTSD, in fear they also will be put on the NICS. We were ready to give our lives for people of other countries to have our rights. Now we have lost them! Now, "Be judged by 12 or carried by 6" has taken on a new meaning. I am handicapped from diabetes, neuropathy, back hearniated disc, new knee replacement. I was using my CCW to protect myself and family. But, now if I do, I will be outside of the law. Are you enjoying the change? Brady law, gun control loving leaders, combine to take what we have fought for so hard in our lives. Our rights!
Interesting. I disagree with not issuing you a CCW. However, you are not alone in your scenario regarding PTSD issues. However, if you are in Law Enforcement, you don't get assistance with it. If you have it, and it gets documented, you get fired. There is no going back.

That is why there is a huge propensity for alcoholism. It killed a buddy of mine a month after he retired. He had a seizure as a result of a years long battle with addiction, and died.

If you get accused of any domestic violence, true or false, Brady says you can't posses a firearm. Another career ender.

If feel for your situation. Rest assured, you are not the only one that gets screwed if they ask for help.

Rather that helping out our veterans or our law enforcement communities for some the horrendous stuff they have had to deal with the government castigates them and compounds the problem by tearing up their Second Amendment rights and ending their careers.

PTSD is a temporary problem to trauma and stress from life and death situations.

If you are involved in a shooting, whether in comabt or in law enforcement, the same factors come into play psychologicially.

It is time society stands up for these folks rather than relegating them to rejects who are rubber stamped "defective". They are not "defective". They are simply people who need some counseling to work through the problem and being taught copeing techniques.

This thing is fixable, and the way that it is being handled is a travesty.