Thread: Bul M-5
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 21:00   #21
Veedubklown

Finally got my mags in! Off to the range tomorrow. Rounds were nose-diving at first. Cleaned up the inside of the mags, gotta give em a shot of dry lube. Also my extractor seemed a bit tight. Rounds were difficult to slide under. Now they go under easily, and I can hand-cycle through both mags. Seems ready for the range!

Looks rather silly. The magazines stick out about 1/4 too far, exposing the mag body between the grip and the floor plate.

1911 Forums

When I'm sure I have a well working pistol that's reliable, then I'll start messing with it. I want to reshape and stipple the frame, blend the controls, put an ambi safety on, and probably fit a barrel bushing once I'm feeling adventurous.

Took it out into the desert and tested minute of coke can accuracy at about 30 feet. Left the pistol relatively dry, and the only hangups I receieved were out of 1 mag, some nose-dives. Re-racked the slide and they went home. These mags just need some time to work in, after working with 1 last night it was the one that worked perfectly today. Shot about 60 rounds through it, with just that 1 mag hanging up. Time to make it my own.

Picked up a wilson ambi safety from the LGS. Wanted to touch it now!

1911 Forums

Maybe I'll make a new thread on work to this gun.

Last edited by Veedubklown; 03-17-2012 at 17:29.. Reason: Range report!
Veedubklown is offline   Reply With Quote