View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 19:18   #22
collim1
Shower Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
What I am about to say will not be viewed by some as a popular opinion.

Not all prisoners will be staying behind the secure perimeter the rest of their lives. They get out. Nine times out of ten we're going to have someone at least be tempted to go back into crime. Out of those tempted it seems about half of them do it. Help those who want help to become law abiding citizens. Sometimes a few of them getting out are not only salvageable, but contribute to their societies; pay taxes, and what have you.

So, how does this help cops? It helps by giving cops a little bit of a breather, perhaps. If a former bad guy is actually turning his life around for the better it helps in that this guy becomes a tax paying citizen who in turn helps to pay for government labor, to include law enforcement.

Basically, although rehabilitation; reformation of the human is not the most popular subject it is something that we in society have to deal with, or pay someone to deal with.
I made a felony arrest the other night on a guy from out of town. Ran his QH and had 6pgs of returns. This ********* had been arrested 36 times, 11 of which were for felony charges.

Now you tell me why someone like that is still walking the streets victimizing people?

"double secret probation" didn't work for the guys in Animal House, and it doesn't work for criminals.

Getting a BG's parole or probation revoked is almost impossible nowadays.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote