View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:05   #38
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

UPDATE: Yep, the revolution is on at work. I have so many applications to carry the G26 and a few for G17 that I'm behind on processing. Next week I'm spending as much time as possible getting these folks into their new G26's.

The G17 is restricted to a certain class of user so I'm not getting as many applications however, they are starting to roll in. Interesting fact is, many of the applicants are smaller statured folks who have been having a real hard time with the 229, however some of the others who are applying are some of the better shooters who shoot perfect or near perfect scores with their 229's but prefer the size, weight and reliability of the G17.

Yesterday I carried my G2G17 'into the fray' and felt so darn good about it. After a successful operation I went to the range and fired about 150 rounds and was as impressed as I was on day one. One of the other guys shooting his G3G17 stated that shooting our course of fire with the G17 is almost cheating.

I never did turn in my 229. I keep it for instructional purposes only. The agency is totally committed to the .40. If you master the trigger (as with any gun) it does shoot very well and I rarely shoot anything other than perfect scores with it. However, the bulk the weight, having to keep it wet and the trigger all serve to remind me how happy and appreciative I am of being able to carry my G2G17/G3G26 combination for real world ops.

Hope you're all having a great day and carrying the one that founded it all!

HR