View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 13:20   #196
D. Manley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
"I thought you would be happy to learn I plan to order an over sized reamer and produce a barrel just like the other guys only I will charge $99.95 ($79.95 to those that promise to post their exquisite experience)..... maybe even to this very thread?"
JR...

Whether or not everyone agrees with your position I do appreciate your input into the issue/thread. For what my opinion is worth (and, we all know that), I think offering a "standard" reamed chamber in addition to your tighter "match" version is a great idea and will prove very good for LWD and the consumer as well.

I don't have a dog in this fight but would point out that we're talking about the Glock platform here. While the Glock can indeed be a lot more accurate than many believe it's not and it's not going to be a bullseye-capable weapon. With this in mind, a really snug, tight, chamber may well be a bit of "overkill" since accuracy is inherently limited by other factors. I appreciate your emphasis on quality (have more parts enroute as we speak) but IMHO, offering two versions will prove a win-win deal for everyone and if you follow through, you deserve kudos for listening to this portion of your customer base even, if you disagree with their reasoning.

Should you offer the standard | match cut chamber options, an EGW style multi-port case gauge for both chamber versions would be a natural fit for your product line and offer a unique tool for reloaders beyond the standard fare. I suspect such a tool would be attractive to a fairly large number of serious reloaders.