View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 19:28   #198
alitke15

Maybe I can get some help here as others have. I wanted to have more practice, on the cheap, for my glock 22 and figured I should start reloading lead, thus I bought a LWD .40 S&W barrel. I began reloading at 1.125 (Plus or minus as I am using mixed brass) same as my FMJ ammo I used in my standard Glock barrel. Attached is a picture of the lead I am using. I am constantly getting rounds that will not go plunk or even fit in the chamber more than halfway. I know that with lead you get a little more variation so I sent in my barrel to LWD to have it reamed and it was sent back with a note saying either A) Add more crimp or B) ammunition is to large. They would not bore it out. So I now have a barrel that I simply cannot use. I am not about to plunk test each and every round I want to fire. What would you guys , with experience, think is the best option? All reloads obviously work perfectly in the glock standard barrel but the tighter chamber in the LWD barrel is killing me.

Reloading
Reloading

Should I seat longer/shorter? I have tried another lead provider with same issues coming up. Just lost as to what to do.

Last edited by alitke15; 04-28-2012 at 19:32..