View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 19:03   #117
I Shooter

Warp. The two hours from home was by driving. If things had really went wrong on any given day it would have taken a day plus to get home. Yes I can see your point that I would have needed food and shelter if some thing had happened to close down all the roads. Not very likely in a city the size of Cincinnati. We had a bomb scare on I 275 some years back and they routed us around that road, that two hour drive went to four. If we lost one of the bridges around here it would cause traffic jams and longer rides but you would still be able to drive home. One night the wife and I were going out for dinner and we got in to a traffic jam that took us six hours to get out of. I wish at that time we had more than water to drink. So now I carry a bag with some MRE's, a couple of space blankets and two quarts of water. It all so has our GPS and some other stuff in it and it goes with us no matter what we drive. I look at it as a just in case bag. Any way I still don't carry a tent or a BOB with me. I guess I just prep for what I know can go wrong. I mean short of an all out war I can get home by car or truck. You have a great day.
I Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote