View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04   #24
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws360 View Post
Are these rare as some posts seems to indicate?

I ask since I have what appears to be an earlier model 19 as it has a single pin above the trigger. Bought it new in late 1993. Maybe 300 rounds through it. I don't have the "KS ABC" on the slide, though. It does have some mild checkering on the front strap & grip. This may make it gen 2.

I gotta do some research to see what the differences are with later generations and why mine only has 1 pin over the trigger instead of 2. Although I've owned this for almost 20 years I really don't know much about them. Kinda rediscovered shooting when time and circumstances began to allow.
If the frame looks like this one, it's a Gen2:
Glock Collector's Club

The 9mm guns only need the single pin above the trigger, the only reason new one's have two pins is because it simplifies the manufacturing process....why make two different frames when two pin frames work with all models?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote