View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 18:27   #66
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Mrs. Tink Wrote; "I see G19G20's point--people who are not familiar with "case law" or whatever else your hat is hung on are not going to know this out of the box. That said, although perhaps we ordinary people "don't have a clue", doesn't mean that we're "arrogant" about being "ignorant." I for one come on here because I like to learn new perspectives and information. I freely admit that I have no clue. I would rather appreciate being educated or being informed.

I know that some folks on here choose not to speak to police as a general rule; I am not one. But when it comes to things like "stop & frisk" or whatever the seemingly-outrageous policy of the day is, it would be nice to hear about case law or other background information--even if some people are belligerent about challenging you LEOs on this, there are plenty of others who just want to know more. THEN we can all draw our own conclusions and discuss it. "

I have no problem with people who do not understand Terry Stops or the case law involved. It is my belief that I have taken considerable time in this thread to enlighten those with an open mind who wish to learn more about this topic.

My comments, which you chose to take out of context, were directed at ONE poster in this thread who simply wants to stamp his feet and pout that such procedures are unfair. Sorry. But the adults in the fields of the courts and law enforcement have determined otherwise.

Last edited by seanmac45; 05-22-2012 at 18:29..
seanmac45 is offline   Reply With Quote