View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 14:28   #24
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Hello Canyon Man, I have loaded 9.4 grains under the Hornady 200 XTP's of LongShot using CCI300 in various brass to test the 1240 fps loadings of SwampFox ammo. if you look for the tribute I did to Mike Willard after he died I obtained some of his ammo and pulled it down to verify this load that we actually discussed right hee on GT.

The results were as follows...

Did a little test today (1/25/12) using the SwamFox 9.4 grain ofLongShot with 200 grain Hornady XTP's loading...

1) S&W 1006 22lbs RSA velocity 1260 - 1280 fps, itexpanded to 0.4295".

2) Glock-29 factory bbl 21lb Wolff RSA @ 1177 fps "used" Hornady casing expanded to 0.430".

I also tested the 9.4 grains of IMR800X with very simular results maybe even slightly better with the shorter bbl G29

Hey Shadow, I was begining to get lonely over here ! haha.

Hope all is well with you amigo !

Thanks for the information man. It looks like the 9.4/9.5gr LS is about the most popular loading with both 180gr and 200gr XTP's so far.

I guess I will go ahead then with the 9.4/9.5grs in the G20 with 180gr XTP. I have a Steel rod and a ISMI 22# spring in there and stock spring in the G29.

I have been running 11.0grs BD in the G29 stock barrel/spring, with 180gr XTP with NO issues of any kind at all. I just thought i'd try the LS and see if It changed anything here, and would meet my needs better than the BD I like so much.

I appreciate it my friend, and I'll start there since it seems so many others are having nothing but good results.

I just didn't know if these 'good results" were out of stock or AM barrels..

Not being lazy, but just have NOT EVEN had time to look up old threads or research much. Wanted a quick jump start here on the LS from guys I trust, and whip out a few and have a looksee. I figured these loads with the LS even over the max book allowed loads would still be fine, just wanted to make sure in my "hurry hurry life" at "present" that I was reading all this correctly.

Again, I appreciate it Shadow, and anything else you ole boys want to toss in... I am all ears.

Stay safe !

Thanks again....!

CM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote