View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 18:07   #45
F350

Quote:
however this is America and things must be regulated in order to keep order.
Pardner; ya lost me right there!!!

I have had a couple less than pleasant experiences with the ATF; didn't get the impression they supported the 2nd amendment, or any other part of the constitution.

Quote:
For that the BATFE uses Congressionally passed laws, the United States Code, and the Code of Federal Regulations. Constitutional, Criminal, and every other relevant type of lawyer has argued the legality of use of each of those 3 for firearms law enforcement countless times. The judiciary agrees that it is legal and constitutional. All three branches of Government agree on it, and as per our Constitution, I uphold all three, I did then I still do now.
No congress ever passed a law saying that having a single M-16 part in an AR-15 (and I think even in possession) made the rifle illegal, it is all BATF REGULATION.

I liked the M-16 sear and hammer because they were higher quality parts, better deeper hardening and could be polished for a smoother trigger pull. A guy I barely knew got caught with a home made silencer and told them I had M-16 parts in my ARs.

As soon as I had heard about the REGULATION I got rid of the parts and re-installed the AR parts. Nothing mattered to B(asterds of)ATF but trying to get me to confess in lue of actually finding parts installed or otherwise even though they trashed my place. I was harassed for years after, they would show up at the gun club where I shot and demand to inspect everything I had with me, I know they followed me from time to time....

I was working with the FBI and US Attorney's office on a telecommunications fraud case in the 80s when a proposal was in congress to roll the ATF into the FBI. Not a single FBI agent I dealt with wanted anything to do with an ATF agent (the breakup of ATT had recently happened and the FBI didn't know anything about telecommunications or what to look for in a fraud case so I volunteered to do a little seminar and had 16 agents attend) and I was dealing with the First Assistant US Attorney who didn't have anything to say about the ATF

If I found an ATF agent lost and dying of thirst in the desart; I wouldn't let him lick the sweat off my @

Last edited by F350; 07-07-2012 at 18:41..
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote