View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 12:53   #16
mac66
Plant the seed

Watched it....

Back on topic....

I took the time to watch the documentary last night and it is basically about Ayn Rand and how Atlas Shrugged came about, what it says and how it relates today. It is not about the recent movie though it is mentioned as it was being filmed when this doc was being made.

I am going to have to re-read the book again because they point out some stuff in the book about how she envisioned the economic collapse that I forgot about. It is straight on what is happening today.

Not to mention the moochers, the looters, the victimization of groups, collective rights without collective responsibility. Oh yeah, don't forget the hate speech and thought police and excessive government regulation.

If you have never read Atlas Shrugged it will disturb you. It pretty much bashes the Judeo/Christian ethic of altruism as a virtue. On the other hand it is an in your face condemnation of what Rand saw happening to this country way back in the 1950s when it was written. It is also a pretty good novel, though kind of long and dragged out in places in order to make a point.

It is pointed out in the documentary that many people didn't seem to get the message when Rand wrote Fountainhead. She wrote Atas Shrugged so that the point could not be missed or misinterpreted.

Everybody in this country should read this book.

Last edited by mac66; 07-31-2012 at 07:51..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote