View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 20:28   #25
DJ Niner

Hmmm. Thought I responded to this thread, but the post never appeared. Strange. Anyway...

I believe the now-discontinued S&W model 337PD is the lightest +P-rated revolver ever made in .38 Special, edging the other competitors out by weighing-in at 10.7 ounces. I owned one of these for several years, and while it worked like a dream for drop-in-the-pocket carry duties, it was NOT very pleasant to shoot, even using low-powered target ammo.

The Snubbie Club

You can see the "+P Jacketed" warning on the barrel; apparently, lead bullets wouldn't stay put in the cases during recoil, so using jacketed bullets was required to prevent bullets from creeping forward and jamming the cylinder. I never had any problems with mine, but I usually default to jacketed bullets for defensive use anyway.

...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by DJ Niner; 08-04-2012 at 20:31..
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote