View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 18:32   #43
SAR
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Incidents such as? Just trying to learn. 8 30 round mags seems to be quite a bit from my current perspective.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Early on in my career, in 1980, I was involved in a bank robbery/pursuit where a Deputy was killed, numerous Deputies and Officers were shot, a helicopter was shot down, and several thousands of rounds of ammunition were fired. Then fast forward to 1997, and deja vu all over again. Again my agency was involved in a band robbery where several thousand rounds were fired, and numerous officers and bystanders were shot. In 1999, again, my agency was involved with an active shooter who shot numerous people at a Jewish Synagogue. And intertwined in those high profile events have been several hundred shootings my agency has been involved in, not with thousands of rounds fired, but many in the hundreds. I was personally present at approximately 20 of them. The last being on December 9, 2012. During that time, I have fired my weapon on duty approximately 12 times, and been shot once. So you're asking me why I carry 12 30 round magazines?