View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:40   #74
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
Wise man. Allow me to take that miserable old junk of a Dick Special off your hands. I'd even be willing to give you a little money for it, since I feel so sorry about you carrying it all these years.

Most training videos like that are designed that way. In reality, attacks where the chamber condition would matter are so rare as to be nearly non-existent.

No, you are not being silly. If yo are uncomfortable with C1, go to C3. There really doesn't seem to be much difference between the two in real life. There are advantages and disadvantages to each, and you should decide which are important to you. I don't think you need to worry about the Glock firing in your holster, but if you are uncomfortable you really don't give up much, if anything, by going to chamber empty carry. As for who carries what, it varies. Lots of folks carry chamber loaded, lots of folks carry chamber empty.
All that nonsense about carrrying C3 means you might as well carry a club, or a brick, or you'll never be able to sue it in time, and assorted silliness plays well on the internet, but reality is that C3 was the preferred mode of carry for autoloaders for a long time in most places, and it worked out just fine. Nothing has happened to change that. If C3 makes you comfortable, carry C3 and go on about your day with the knowledge that you are just as well equipped for trouble as the next guy.
Thanks, David, for posting my feelings on this subject but saying it much better than I could. Our opinion goes against the popular grain, but it needs to be offered often to balance the scale for conservative concealed carry practices.

This thread did drift a bit from the OP's question, but it was worth it to elicit David's well-informed point of view.