View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 21:29   #244
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
I would implore anyone reading stuff like these discussions to not take anything they've read here and treat it with value.
If you are being sarcastic, you forgot a smilie of some kind.

If you are serious, I'll have to vehemently disagree with your comment. As the regulars on Carry Issues know, over the last six years everyone has worked hard to encourage participation by people who have a high degree of knowledge about the various topics associated with carrying for self defense. They often have different viewpoints, but those viewpoints can and do apply to different members of the Carry community. We do always recommend people evaluate their own circumstances before applying what they read to their personal carry habits.

If someones opinion or interpretation is wrong, such as running contrary to the law, or applying it will place someone else in danger or jeopardy, that is quickly pointed out.

I do not know what factual basis you have for imploring "anyone reading stuff like these discussions to not take anything they've read here and treat it with value."

If you'd like to tell me via PM, please do. But, let's not take this thread any further off track than it is.

Let's all get back on topic.

Oh, this part is good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
Read, know, memorize, and be able to cite the local laws in your jurisdiction before walking out of the house with a gun - and do the same before traveling to a different jurisdiction. Ignorance of the law or "I read it on Glock Talk" won't save you when you have silver bracelets placed on you.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote