View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 17:44   #6
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Photofeller,
In my experience, the Glock clan is much more practical and about "using" the pistols, rather than collecting them. For example, this (collecting) forum is pretty slow compared to many others here, like Gen'l Glocking... Also, the Glock Collector's Association is awfully small - barely enough membership to keep itself going. So, you see, collecting Glocks is more about long-term. They're the Colt SAA's of the 21st century. In the year 2150, a NIB 1st Gen G-17 will command big bucks, as will probably your FDE. But, for our lifetimes, not likely a very good investment. My collection is in the safe, and I've already told the 10-yr-old they are hers and that she should not sell them, if at all possible. Pass them on to her grandkids, and it will be one heck of a collection, and they'll be impressed with wisdom of great-great-grandpa.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote