View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03   #21
SevenSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
Re: young people and guns. The majority of young people have no interest in guns because they are interested in other things. It's that simple. They are interested in computers. They are interested in getting an education/job. They are interested in cars. They are interested in lots of things, but guns are not a big draw. Why? For one thing the cost of buying quality firearms and the lack of available places to shoot them is a very big factor. Another thing is that relative to the general population so few people grow up being exposed to a positive experience of firearms. As well the large number of folks who served in military service in WWII and Korea have dwindled. Those of the Vietnam era were not a numerous. Those of Gulf I & II are even fewer. There are few popular T.V. shows currently shown where the use of firearms is presented in anything except a negative light. Few if anyone buys season tickets to firearms matches compared to the millions of folks who routinely pay big money to attend various football/baseball type games. There are other reasons. But these are probably the major reasons why so few young people show so little interestin firearms.
Uhh.....I'm interested in many of the things you listed....uncluding gettin an education, computers etc.....that does not bar my interest in guns in the least....I don't think that's a good answer as to why people my age lack an interest in guns....it is because the government has them brainwashed...

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2
SevenSlugs is offline   Reply With Quote