View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 19:50   #1259
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
My problem is I don't know what to do with my 401k. That's the bulk of my net worth. I can probably put some of it into mining stocks but ugh. In the meantime, Apple and Google are doing me right. Apple, Microsoft, and others are sitting on hundreds of billions in cash. Wonder how they are protecting their cash wads?
In short they aren't.

Depending on what you think might happen companies like Apple, Google etc are in a pretty bad position since their revenue streams are based off techonological based products.

Bill Gates knows this. I remember reading an article several years ago about his personal financial consultant whose job it is every day to sell something like 50,000 shares of Gates's stock...I don't quite remember the number.

As of August, 2009 he owned 725 million shares so sheading 1.8 million shares a year sounds about right.

Google, Apple, MSFT can't run a successful business model thinking the economy is going to crash - simply because if it does, I think people might be more focused on food than downloading songs to their iphone. I know SOME people see this as a necessity....