View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 17:31   #32
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
I could be wrong, but I'm not convinced this is what was happening for you. Maybe the force of the primer ignition was pushing the case forward past the extractor; this is much more likely that the striker itself pushing the case forward.

I have never experienced this with loaded ammo in the Glock. Not saying it can't happen, but empty primed cases don't tell the whole story.

Of course, maybe there's something wrong with your extractor. With a properly working extractor, a round should not be able to slip past it without ripping off part of the rim. Not going to happen from the striker impact.

Either way, if the round gets in front of the extractor in a Glock, it will not fire.
I appreciate the comments. My extractor is 100%. The whole thing was strange to me, and it was a bit of a chin scratcher. Brass was not ripped in any way either. I would buy that the primer ignition was the cause, but I found at least a couple of rounds forward of the extractor unfired with light primer strikes. I had about 300 rounds that I discharged, and I was surprised at the weird stuff I saw. I do believe that with the inertia of heavier loaded ammo there could be different results.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote