View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 20:38   #8
Brucev

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtScott31 View Post
Our ALR does not store tag numbers. It has helped locate stolen vehicles and vehicles associated with bad crimes or runaways. I think Facebook is capturing more information about your personal life than anything a license plate reader is going to do. It posts where you have been, places that you're likely to go to, and a multitude of things that I care not do divulge; hence why I disable most of the options on it.
You are correct about facebook capturing information. And one can disable the options to suit ones own preferences. Unfortunately one cannot exercise such choice with regard to the recording, etc. of license plate information indicating locations observed, etc.

There is no reason why the police should be able to surveil law abiding citizens going about their daily activities. That sort of thing is done in old europe and england. That sort of thing is done in n. korea and other such communist countries. But, that sort of thing has absolutely no place in a free society. It has no place at all in America.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote