View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 21:36   #100
bdcochran

today

received two Mora 840s. Under $28 total, delivered. I will rework them on my Spyderco sharpener. Although I prefer the Mora Robust, this knife received more first place choices in a poll about Mora knives on some site so I just had to see them.

Ok. Here goes. Mora still makes wood scale knives at 3x the price and higher. I do not know the material used in the handle/scales and sheath. It is like the material used in the Glock knife sheaths.

My 76 year old mentor and I recently purchased Model 81 Glocks. He spent a full day modifying his Glock and the locals raved about it. I merely sharpened mine to my satisfaction. Most people wouldn't be walking around the woods with a Glock strapped on them before shtf. Conversely, if available, most people would be taking the woodland stroll with a knife like the Mora.

Well the Mora 840 fills a non Rambo/Grizzly Adams/Chuck Norris niche in an outdoor knife. It is light weight, sharp right from the factory, has a secure sheath, will do the meals, clean fish, dress a deer, cut rope, sharpen sticks. If you want to do the old thing of jumping a deer with a knife, use a Glock, Ka-bar or Ontario fixed blade.

Remember the adage that if something is too heavy, you are not likely to carry it or have it with you when shtf.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote