View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:51   #121
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprism View Post
I don't know what you mean by weak logic. I may have come late to the annoying evangelizing party I sometimes see here, but I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I don't have that kind of power. I don't argue for the existence of God, or the truth of the Bible -- I assume it.
That's not logical. Why not cut out the middle man and just assume you're God. There's as much evedince for one as there is for the other.

Quote:
I expect people not to believe or be interested in/sympathetic to the gospel -- it's our natural state. To be honest, what knocks me off my feet is when I meet someone who is a pedigreed Christian.
What do you mean by pedigreed Christian? If you mean someone who was raised Christian and knows the Scriptures quite well, they're many of them in this forum. Does it knock yok off your feet to know that anyone could know as much as you do and disagree with you? See any pride in that position?

Quote:
I wasn't trying to be prideful -- I was trying to be informative, using terms and concepts I assumed buzznRose would understand, if he is a Christian.
You talked down to him. You were condescending.

Quote:
I'm convinced of my convictions.
Whick you assume without proof. You're also porud of them and feel the need to advertise.

Quote:
If I'm not sure of what I'm saying, why say it at all? I've been around this forum just long enough that I assume we know I subscribe to Protestant doctrine, and within that, Calvinst sub-doctrine.
More pride and egotism. I doubt most here think about your doctrine at all.

Quote:
But if pressed, I'd say I don't think I have seen evidence of consistent classical Christianity in the comments of those who identify themselves as Christians. Most of the comments give evidence of some kind that they are 'corrupted' by a non-Christian belief, influence, or personal spin on things. There is such a thing as a pure, Biblical Theology -- and then there's Everything Else.
Pure, Biblical Theology as defined by you that you assume without evidence. Everyone else wrong, but you're not prideful.

Quote:
So anyway, I took buzz to task -- as I thought I had a right to do, as a fellow believer -- for his deconstructed Christian views
Do you see anything vain or condescending in that statement. I'm not sure where the Bible says, "Go ye therfore and condescend". This type of arragonce is one of the many things that make people hostile to religion.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote