View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 15:03   #49
crimdelacrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
I agree, but will have to disagree on a part of your post.

It sounds like you're blaming the media/entertainment industry that glorify violence, which is just another scapegoat people use, for insane people.

If you look back, before any video game came out, any power rangers episode came out, you will see one of our worst school massacres was done by some fool who was upset his property taxes were raised (possibly due to that school). He killed the most in American history when it comes to school massacres, and the real catch is (to any anti-gunners that may be lurking) he didn't even use a gun! He used a bomb.......

Any SANE person can tell the difference between violence through fantasy, and violence through reality. I grew up off Duke Nukem, Counter-strike, doom, Marilyn Manson, and many of the other video games and artists portrayed and used by the media as the scapegoat to why people do such horrific things.

At an early age I was raised around firearms, my dad taught me how to handle them, and respect them. I'm also very thankful my dad taught my that firearms had more than the use many Americans think they're for (hunting). When I was 12, I was trusted with a mossberg maverick88 in my bedroom.

I and many others I knew who were raised more or less around the same thing as me, and had plenty of access to firearms, just like me never had a problem. Concluding INSANE people do INSANE things. Regardless of if they have some sort of entertainment piece that depicts graphic violent fantasies, or not.

Another thing I'd like to point out is, violence/insane people were just as big of a problem back then, and did horrible things, however the media coverage back then compared to now is just not the same. The media now days can sensationalize something much better, usually to push an agenda through, whatever it may be -IE anti-gun, anti video games, etc etc...
I didn't say that power rangers makes children insane... I simply used them to show how things that we thought were once cool are now just childish curiosities. I also never said anything about the media because I think the news has very little affect on children (you are molded most when you are a child). I also never ever said that we didn't have insane people in the past. I agree with you. Just please don't twist what I am saying.

Last edited by crimdelacrim; 09-27-2012 at 15:05..
crimdelacrim is offline   Reply With Quote