View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 12:25   #10
aippi

Markco - great to hear that. I am hoping since they have made this model part of the new Remington Defence line of weapons that we will be working on them when I return to Ilion for recertification. I love my 11-87P and it is my favority shotgun to shoot but it lives in my safe and I would never take it to a fight. Remington has needed a reliable semi-auto shotgun and from what you say they found one.

Kilrain - we first expirenced the issue in the early 80's when the state bought us the Sidewinder Tactical 1100's. We had a drill where we stand behind cover and stick the weapon out in front of us and using the wall to line it up we lay down covering fire so team members could move across a open hall or allyway. One shot and then nothing. As a drill simulating that you are down and with the weapon across your chest you fire up at a threat closing on you. Again, one shot and nothing. They will just not cycle unless from a solid shoulder solid stance. It is just like limp wristing a 1911. Same exact principle. We hoped the 11-87P would be different but were greatly disapointed. I get my knowledge from expirience and from sitting in class at Ilion. I get real tickeled when this topic comes up and guys post how their 11-87P cycles everything from slugs to target loads. Knowing of course these weapon will not means I just have to laugh and move on to the next post.
Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer

Last edited by aippi; 09-28-2012 at 12:32..
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote