View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 13:44   #116
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
Are you saying that society has greater rights than an individual?
That's a broad brush you're painting the whole issue with. I'm saying that if you don't want to deal with society, remove yourself from it. There is a dynamic going on and, no, your "rights" are not unlimited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
The entire world down to the smallest form of life has an impact on it's environment. Your argument means nothing unless you're suggesting that group rights trump individual ones. Lets start there.
Why don't you start by responding to my whole post and not nit picking what you think is an exit, stage left?

Once you have done that, my question to you is, do you believe that individuals have the right to do things that negatively affect society? Meaning, should we endorse and promote behaviors that are detrimental to whoever chooses to practice them? Should we now discard all the knowledge we have about how alcohol negatively affects heavy drinkers and now begin to promote binging? I mean, it's your individual right, let's celebrate your right to destroy yourself. As a matter of fact, let's have alcoholic parades just to see how many people OD in celebration. Yes, that's the american way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
With freedoms, comes dangers and responsibilities. Can you handle it?
Any day of the week.

Quote:
I'll take freedom over a nanny state any day of the week, even when it's for liberties like this that I do not participate in.

It's not a matter of "balance", it's a matter of being a hypocrite and not truly standing for freedom. Which one are you?
If you wanted to be truly free, you'd be against driving licenses, taxes, police, the armed forces, the president, parental responsibility, in the end, you'd be an anarchist or part of the sovereign citizen group, are you?

Quote:
ETA - You seem so concerned with society and the protection of, let's ban guns right? I mean imagine how many lives we could save if we banned those evil guns..... I mean sure people will get stabbed but it'll be harder. We can always ban knives with sharp edges, most cooks say they just need knives for slicing. I mean that'd keep a murderer from murdering right?
You're going off topic and, honestly, apples to oranges.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote