View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 15:06   #119
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Gunnut, you misread my post buddy.

I said keep the government out of ALL aspects of marriage.

If Church A wants to marry gay couples, great!
If Church B does NOT want to marry gay couples, great!

it's simply not a government issue. Keep your nose out of their life, and in your own church (assuming you belong to a church).

As far as married couples getting tax breaks and benefits, is a whole other discussion. just because you're married and I'm "single" does not mean you should get special privileged. No one is forcing you to get married. That's just as silly as affirmative action, and to be honest, it's government trying to model the behavior of the citizen through taxation.

You're either for conservatism, and keeping the gov't out of people's business, and keeping taxes fair and low. Or you're not. As simple as that, even though neo-conservatives and RINOs don't want to hear it.
This.... Well stated, sir. I am married and I take advantage of the perks afforded me; but it is stupid that the fed.gov is still in the marriage business.

Short form contract between two (or more) consenting adults should be all that is required, just as it is in any other business transaction.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote