View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 15:30   #39
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpa View Post
If you voluntarily go places you think you will need your gun, you need to rethink where you go. Carrying a gun is a precaution against the unpredictable. I try to practice the 4 stupids rule when I decide where I'm going. (Don't go stupid places at stupid times to do stupid things with stupid people) But I always carry unless prohibited by law.

I have been going to places where it wasn't even a question of whether I might need a gun but that a gun was going to be in my hand(s) as I get out of the car for more than three decades now.

I agree that if it is not mandated one should not go to places where one thinks one might need a gun. In a social setting or for that matter if I elect to go out somewhere for dinner by myself, I have no complete control over who else may enter a business after I am there. However there is a substantial difference in the potential quality of people one may run into in places to which the public is invited and in private homes with people who choose their friends wisely.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 09-29-2012 at 15:34..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote