View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 13:02   #1
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Cuscadi Scaled Ritter Griptilian

Spent a little loot and dressed up my Doug Ritter Griptilian in S30V.

Grips are "Vintage Micarta" from Cuscadi Custom Scale Division and ran about $104 shipped. Custom Scale Division

The deep carry Ti pocket clip is from USA Knife Maker Supply. USA Knife Maker

The Cutting Edge

The Cutting Edge

The Cutting Edge

The Cutting Edge

The new scales really thin out the knife. A lot of folks feel that the Griptilian's eat up a lot of pocket real estate and I'm no exception. The knives are pretty fat and get in the way of drawing anything else out of the pocket.. until now. Another albeit subjective improvement is the more solid sound of the knife locking into battery. With the stock scales it gave a distinct hollow plastic sound which has been replaced with a solid "snick". (Some of you are laughing and some of you know exactly what I'm talking about )

I went with the low rider clip to bury it further into the pocket. The original BM clip isn't much to look at anyways and doesn't wear well at all.

I've been EDC'ing my Spyderco Para2 in CTS-XHP since it arrived but I think the BM is going to take it's place as my work knife simply because I won't mind it getting beat up as much We'll see how it carries over the next few weeks.

I've never been a big collaboration fan but my new upgraded Ritter Grip may start getting more pocket time

Last edited by syntaxerrorsix; 10-02-2012 at 14:00..
syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote