View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 16:49   #128
English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Anarchy is the epitome of freedom

an·ar·chy/ˈanərkē/Noun:

1.A state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

2.Absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

Anarchy, by definition, HAS no law. Let that marinate for a second.

The concept of anarchy is that everyone is free to do as he or she likes. That includes getting together and killing or driving out anyone the majority object to enough.

The concept of being free to do whatever you want has virtually no relationship to freedom as in a free state. There it means freedom from despotism or oppression by government and the "freedoms" of bills of rights are effectively precise constraints on government oppression of its citizens. The only simple freedom is the freedom of religion. The others are freedoms to take action against the government by petitioning, speaking against the government, organizing resistance, keeping and bearing arms and so on. Who or what else other than a government would have the power to prevent these freedoms? Who or what do we need to defend our freedoms against?

October Rust and QNman, dead right!

In general, if I am to be forced to choose, I would settle for polygamy over homosexual marriage.

Beware Owner,
Your nonsense about homosexuality is just that. Homosexuals, male or female, are no more likely to be pedophiles than heterosexuals. Pedophiles are pedophiles and can be attracted to boys or girls or both. For choice, I would execute them.

As to whether homosexuality is a choice or not, homosexuality can be found in all species of domesticated animals and birds and probably in all wild ones as well, but the observation is harder there. Animals don't make "choices" of this kind - they just do what is in their nature to do. When it comes to humans, most humans want a loving relationship and that applies to homosexuals as much as to heterosexuals. Why would any one who actually had the choice choose to be homosexual when it reduces the chance of finding a partner by such a large amount? When the facts contradict your theories you need to re-work your theories to fit the facts.

Engish
English is offline   Reply With Quote